Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reliques du cinema: A Starting Point

After being offered the position of co-curator of this strange, little museum and humbly accepting, I set about thinking what would I offer.  What would be of interest to our reader(s)? 
Thus, the starting point: a semi-regular post about the movies I should have seen because they are acclaimed in some way, but never did.  In the interest of preserving my opinions, I will be watching these and reviewing/recapping them here. 
The reason:  I tend to forget all the movies I don't like.  I forget all major plot points, all major character names, and most importantly, the ending.  I do remember, however, the fact that my eyes and ears were active during the movie and information passed into my brain.  It is an amazing phenomenon to me.  I have always considered myself to have an amazing memory in most things personal, but I cannot for the life of me remember anything about AI (from what I understand from my co-curator to be a great film).
So all future posts regarding movies not currently playing at a theater near you will be tagged with this title.  When I can convince my co-curator to watch with me, we might comment together. 
I would use some great line from a movie like: "This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship," but I saw that one and don't remember anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment